2/26/13

OSCARS - the good, the bad & the ugly

It's been a number of years since I've watched the Oscars, but this year I was intrigued to see what films and actors were deemed "honorable."  I was pleasantly surprised regarding what actors and films took home Mr. Oscar.  

The man who really stood out and deserved an Oscar was Mr. Ben Affleck.  Even though he wasn't even on the nomination list as Best Director for his latest hit Argo (which won several other awards), he still had many sweet things to say when he made an acceptance speech after the movie won for Best Film.  He has a lot of character and it shows when he said the most honorable things regarding his wife and children. It is clear to me that Ben puts family first over the industry and that really impresses me.  He should have won an Oscar for the best speech of the night.

On another note...the "I saw your boobs" song that Seth MacFarlane opened the glamorous evening with, couldn't have been more distasteful.  I was embarassed for the women he mentioned throughout the song!  Then again, what are we to expect from the creator of The Family Guy??

* Coach T thinks we need more positive films up for awards @ the Oscars.  Things are looking up, with movies like Lincoln coming out, but we have a ways to go!


No comments: