10/8/12

"the New Normal" - NOT!

This is a hard post for me to write. 
Why? because I don't want anyone to think I hate certain people...because I don't. I DO however, feel strongly about certain lifestyle choices that are promoted to our next generation without showing the consequences.  I also have a major issue with Christians being promoted as bigots or intolerant of others in today's TV shows.

I watched a recent episode of NBC's new sitcom called "The New Normal" and I was very saddened by what I saw. Cursing along with bashing those with conservative views on marriage and family are the two areas strongly attacked in this 30 minute program.  Young people watching this show will learn that to have an opinion other than the one being subjected by Hollywood is forbidden and illegal.  The writers of today's Hollywood TV shows and movies who want to promote their beliefs are actually being intolerant of anyone else's beliefs.


What gives me hope, is that while I travel the country speaking to our youth, they too realize the corruptness of today's pop-culture. They are in dire need of positive role models to look up to.  Let's give them what they need and desire.  If other countries are not allowing destructive programming into their airwaves...why are we?  
People might not be happy reading this post, but also realize that I am not happy with what I'm seeing on TV.

Click HERE to encourage sponsors of this series to stop financially supporting the program.  Sponsors include:  Old Navy, 7UP, Dreft and T-mobile.


Coach T says NOW is the time to let our voice be heard and not give in to the media's negative portrayal of our conservative views!


No comments: